An ordinary man, an normal life, extraordinary thoughts?

Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'm finally writing this~ My sailing to Taiwan which spanned from 6th of April (Good Friday) to the 26th.

Regarding the photos, i've decided to put it at imagebucket. Its supposed to be faster than putting it here, and i don't really want to put that many pictures here (70+ from my camera, 300+400 from my other friend?)

I'll let you know the link when i'm done, or i'll probably post it in my links page.

Will be changing my entire blog as well, but for now.. let me just post what i wrote down, ON the journey there.

11th Apr

Sailed on the 6th of Apr, 5 days since then.
Sea-state has been bad since slip-off, all the way til we reached Taiwan. 4 days of sea-state 3-4. The night before reaching Taiwan was the worst. I was practically hopping & rolling on my 'bed', so bad was the sea-state.

(Aaron's Note <"AN">: Sea state refers to the condition of the sea, the State of the sea. In RSN, Sea-state 0 or Mirror state is when the sea's so still, its like a mirror reflecting your image. 1 is slight rocking, 2 is rocking now and then, 3 means rocking every few minutes, and 4 means you better hold on to something, for it rocks every few seconds.

The last night before reaching Taiwan was the worse, because we were entering their straits. Many things fell down, and its like being in an earthquake inside a house with a richter scale of 7)

I've only charged my PSP once. There isn't enough power slots in the ship i think. Hah, so much for bringing so many games here. I did finish reading the 2nd book of Terry Goodkind. I'm starting to like him a lot.

Okay, my living conditions. Started out with 3 divers and me at the Gunbay, but on the 2nd day when the gunbay was flooded(i mean literally), we lost much of our eq and well, stuff to it(loads of it were wet), my diver sleepmate Woon left me to sleep at the electronic room, since its less rocky and dry. It doesn't drip there so its better, however the only thing is that its colder there.

(AN: Yes, there was literally a flood. It seems a pipe burst, and it started flooding. The water reached up to my thighs. My life jacket got activated, my shoes were all wet. I lost a sock in the process, and my medical equipment got wet. It wasn't fun at all! Not to mention the constant dripping... ahh!)

I sorta enjoyed staying by myself for a while, until i came back to discover my blanket missing. To stop the chills, i'm wearing my coveralls together with my socks later. Sigh, i miss the other ship. Everything except the Coxn seems better there. What an ORD trip this is turning out to be. Heh, i wonder how Kefeng is faring.

To top it off, it doesn't look like we'll have more than 3-4 days of shore leave max. Think the next time i come will be in a plane. I'm starting to miss home already. Bah, i'll survive. Somehow.

(AN: note the dismal state of conditions and my morale =_=, however, things got MUCH better after we reached.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home