An ordinary man, an normal life, extraordinary thoughts?

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Special dinner

There was a special dinner on the last 2nd day back. Basically we were to eat on the ... 2nd level of the ship. And there were 6 dishes in all.

I helped out in the kitchen when i could, frying some chicken wings, grabbing stuff for the C-chef, cutting things, bringing stuff up, etc.

Well it was my first time frying chicken wings, and it turned out pretty good until everything is over and it was time to eat.

I must admit, i didn't feel like eating at all. But i just grabbed a little soup and rice and ate a bit. Roger then explained to me that the oil from cooking when breathed in, can make you full. That explains why i never see them eat anything they cook. And now i've experienced it for the first time myself. Haha.

The chicken wings weren't enough, and i was asked to make another batch. I turned on the oil, and then put the wings in with the flour, until i saw smoke emit from the oil. It got pretty bad as the whole place started to smoke up, and the smoke got my eyes tearing =_=

Later i found out that the oil wasn't hot enough(hey! He didn't tell me the red light had to be off first =/ And that i've used too much flour. He didn't tell me that either!)

I must be the first person in the whole of the Ship history to start a smoke parade in the kitchen. Haha.

Nothing much happened til we reached Singapore.. I lugged all my stuff back, and shared a cab with a lieutanant home. I didn't want to stay-in cause i needed a shower and i told my mom i'll be back home anyways. Besides, i could reach TMC fast enough if needed, and there weren't any instructions from the higher up, so off i went, while my counterpart stayed.

In the end, he got 1 1/2 days off while i only got 1. Why? I didn't call him. (Huh? I thought 1 of us call can liao?) Anyways, forgetting the absurdity of it all, it all reverts back to Power. People with power and rank in the SAF can do anything they want to people below. They can cite all the reasons they want, but in the end its all up to them right?

No matter. You win some, you lose some~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home