An ordinary man, an normal life, extraordinary thoughts?

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Wedding Dinner of Thomas Yeo and Mandy Tan - 20th Sept 2007

Pictures at the bottom.

Instead of going in my work clothes, i went back home for a shower, refreshed myself, wore my new slightly more fancy clothes, sprayed some perfume, and took a cab there to Orchard Parade Hotel cause i didn't want to be late.

The cocktail starts at 7pm, while the solemnization ceremony started at 7:30pm.

I reached at 7:15pm with a cab fare of $13.30, and slowly made my way inside.

There were a few people around, and i greeted Mandy, the only person i know, and passed her my very first angbao. I feel like a part of my innocence just flew away at that exact moment.

Haha, compared to the $2 and $4 red packets i received during the new year, this one really takes the cake. Anyways, *cough*, back to the topic.

I registered, got my table number, signed a 'best wishes' thing on the card at the registration counter , and went in to a half full ballroom at around 7:30pm.

I was the only one at table 5, so i just took pictures of the table, the ballroom, the chocolate (oh no. its still in my bag!), and drank some tea.

At around 7:45pm the solemnization ceremony started, in which they said, "I do" to each other, and also alot of words in which i didn't hear, purely because the table on my left was making so much noise despite being asked to be quiet.

That being done, it was time to idle again. I was actually so bored and tired that i decided to sms/call my friends. Had a 20 minute chat with O' Zacky, and some 5 minutes with Kelvin. Not to mention some smses. During the chat with Zacky, a couple came in and sat on my table. That was around... 8:15?

Food was served at around 8:40 after the 'march-in', and at 8:45 another 3 people came onto our table. And that's it. 6 people in the table for the entire night.

Somehow i felt quite disappointed. I mean, its not my wedding, but if all my friends so late and miss half of everything i planned for them... its another show of dis-respect isn't it? It just means you don't care~

Okay, maybe its just me, no wait. It IS just me. Why do you think i made the effort to come down on time, give the ang bao, stayed til the end despite not knowing anyone? Its because i care and i respect you as a friend, and want to be a part of your happy moment~ Think i too siao on liao.

Anyway back to topic. Rest of the events consisted of the 'champagne parade', and a collection of photos of the bride and groom collectively.

We started leaving at around 10:30pm. I said my goodbyes, and here's wishing them a happy honeymoon!

In no particular order; (please forgive my poor camera shooting skills again)


The first dish~


2nd March in


Thomas and Mandy on our table


Another photo


Dessert, the most anticipated dish for our table


Table setup


Solemnization Ceremony








Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

4:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home