An ordinary man, an normal life, extraordinary thoughts?

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

18/09/07 - Not your everyday day - Pool with Boss - Kedy chatup -

Today is definately not usual.

First off, boss asked if we play pool, then at 12 jioed us to do just that.
That was quite a last minute stunt haha, luckily i was able to get Kelvin to join me, else it'll be quite... awkward.

The thing is Boss is amazing with Pool. He did some amazing tricks which was as exciting as watching people play on ESPN. Could tell he cut us some slack at certain parts of the game, else things would have ended too fast.

This may be the last time i play pool with him, for various reasons.

And work continued as usual til it was time to go home.

I was waiting for the lift, when a lady that i've been noticing joined me on the way down. I just said hi, i've seen her around, and just started chatting.

She said hi back, said she hasn't seen me around, asked if i actually worked here. Wah lao. I told her if i'm not, then why on earth would i be in the building?

Sooo walk walk walk chat chat chat, ended up i realised she's in a different department then i thought she was, and i found out more about the other people she hangs out with purely for lunch.

Realised she was from Hainan, which explains the Taiwan accent she had. Ohh i miss Taiwan! The way the girls talk are sooo cute and 'teh'. But that's off the topic. I learnt a few stuff as well, some obvious things like how China people don't visit Taiwan because its hard to get a visa, and less obvious things like .. was there any to begin with? Haha. Oh right, she said i looked 18, very young. So.. what's new?

It so happened that we were both alighting at the same station, and we chatted all the way to Tanjong Pagar. Really so ciao or not? Usually i don't even take the train but the day i take, end up alight together.

This made me realise something.

I am Yandao! Okay, that's BHB of me, and maybe that's just for self motivation, but the more important thing is that i learnt.

I learnt that hey, its not that hard to strike up a conversation with a random stranger lar. Or people i see everyday. It just depends on Whether i want to take the step or not.

Why do i have to keep reminding myself of this?

Guess i'm just too passive a person.. i need to get myself out of this mode! *kicks self*

Oh.. i helped hold her umbrella when she wasn't feeling too good on the way back, and we really chatted alot! She told me a secret too! And for obvious reasons i'm not going to share~ haha.

Not going to touch on the part after i reach though. What a day..~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home