An ordinary man, an normal life, extraordinary thoughts?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

8th September Saturday - TP law Alumni Gathering - Gotcha -

After taking the last train home on Friday, and waking up at 12+ the following afternoon. I had to decide whether to attend the black Saturday centrepoint event, or to just slack at home until it was time to attend the TP law alumni gathering at night.

Since I started playing Persona3 at around 1pm, and I was so caught up in it, I decided to give that event a miss. After all, I don’t know anyone that’s going, and frankly speaking I hate shopping alone. I’ll probably just wander Centrepoint for a bit, before.. truth be told I don’t even know what I would do afterwards.

So, managed to squeeze an hour of sleep before heading over to TP. Although the plan was to take the buses like when it used to be, I had to take the train cause I was pretty late.

The event is supposed to start at 6, but I reached at around 7 (helped my dad to carry some stuff), just in time to see the ‘party’ in full swing.

Basically there were groups of people all around, talking to each other. Be it a lecturer-student group, or a student-student group, we were just catching up with each other. I saw some faces I haven’t seen ever since graduation, like Vithya, Ling, Erfandi, and so much more. Some of them I’ve seen during Ms Eileen Ng’s CNY dinner get-together like Soffie, Yanie and Sin Ping.

Truth be told, I was just ‘flitting’ around, cause I don’t really know anyone here that well. My ‘closer’ friends have decided not to come, and the rest of my clique decided to reach at around 8, and despite repeated phone calls to them, they didn’t pick up. I didn’t even know if they were coming actually.

Here’s a part that I don’t understand. If you were carrying your HP with you and someone you KNOW calls you. Would you pick up the call or just ignore it? And if someone smses you, asking if you would be free to attend a certain event, would you at least reply to say that you will/will not be coming?

Don’t you think this is a mark of utmost disrespect? Imagine someone calling you, and your friend asks, “hey, why aren’t you picking up the phone?” I expect the reply would be something like, “Nah, its no one important.”

Its okay with me actually. Maybe I’m petty, but I’m sick of people treating me like dirt. Don’t worry, I won’t ask you out next time. There’s no point anyway, you won’t pick up my calls or reply my smses mah.

Anyway, back to the event, there were like 10 batches of people at least, who each had to do a round of introduction in the centre of the stage. There were some interesting people and stories, like one of them had the chance to do his SIP overseas, one who’s a model, the first person from our course to get into NUS Law, some of them who’re married with kids, some doing their degrees overseas, etc.

There was standard buffet fare too, and it was the first time I actually got to use the Alumni lounge, though the air-conditioning was conspicuously absent, so I had to go out for fresh air many times.

I had a long talk with Darren, who’s 1 year my junior in the courses, and we caught up. He’s a clerk now, due to over-working at the gym causing slip-disc, and I told him he looks more .. depressed now. We had a good one hour chat, before I had to leave to meet Zacky at Tampines Mall Starbucks.

Chatted and caught up for a while, before taking the train back while being entertained by Jeanne D’Arc.

On the bus ride to Tampines bus interchange from school though, I had the bad luck of watching Gotcha on TVmobile. And I got reminded of how bad it was. Why?

I only managed to see one prank, in which they recruit a new lady, and on her first day, demonstrates to her how to bend a spoon by spraying something on it, and a few minutes later she has to show the same ‘trick’ to some very important clients.

Since its really a trick to begin with, there’s no way she would be able to do it, and she gets scolded by the clients, and even sprayed at!

Oh my god. This must be the saddest trick shown to man. Not only is it mighty insensitive, heck, if the 4 ladies who got tricked were my friends, I’ll be so angry I’ll probably write letters to everywhere. We all know how well letters work here.

In fact, despite them being complete strangers to me, I was feeling sad for them, and angry at the people for doing such a stupid prank.

Now we know why Gotcha was taken off screen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home