An ordinary man, an normal life, extraordinary thoughts?

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Singaporean Cycling Trip in Japan

Okay, in my quest to bring you more interesting posts and events in this little country, let me introduce you to my friend Gabriel Chin.

He's a navy medic mate, and though we don't talk much, he's the best gamer i've ever known. For example, i achieved a high score of 250k for my Lumines 2, and he achieved 500k. And i thought i was pretty good at it. Damn.

He's amazing at Guitar heroes as well, and owns an xbox 360 and a ps2 at the moment.

Yet, he has an athletic side to him. I believe his bicycle costs at least 2k, and he's used it to bike to work several times, as well as to places in Malaysia.

And now, he's attempting to cycle through Japan with only his bike, his bags, and his limited vocab of Japanese. You got to admire his guts really.

I quote his blog, "My trip's duration is planned for 3 months and i am cycling ALONE. I have never been to Japan before and i do not speak Japanese (i have taken 1 semester of Basic Japanese in Ngee Ann Polytechnic though, though besides that fact no other memory of that class remains). Put it down to foolishness or maybe a bit of over-confidence on my part, but any factors that stack up against me completing my trip will only make my journey more challenging and exciting."

So is he a nutcase, a hero or just plain crazy?

Do check out his site at Japancyclingtrip.blogspot.com

And did i forget to mention he's actually taking the flight to Japan today?
Leave some comments and lets follow his story together.

This is a picture of Gabriel with his bike:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home