An ordinary man, an normal life, extraordinary thoughts?

Sunday, June 17, 2007

What i did 1 week after my ORD, before i started working

Its been a long time.

Yeap, i know its been ages since i last blogged, and i won't give any excuses.
True, i've been really busy, really tired, and quite confused/angry at one point of time, but now i'll just blog what i can.

During the last 3 weeks, i've been to geylang twice(i've never really walked there before, so its quite an eye-opener), went out with Cow, Fai, Shiyu, Edward, Michael, Noel(?), the guys from TMC, guys from BMT(both section 1 and 2), Jason, Alex, and so many more.

I've also eaten at seoul garden, bowled, played pool, went ktv, eaten at japanese restaurant, watched (Men in white, Shrek 3, Ocean's 13, Fantastic 4, is there anything else?), went for BBQ, lan gaming, gamed at home, went to the airport, bought formal clothes, and also ORDed.

Ah yes, on my ORD day, the 8th of June, i also went for an interview, the second interview was on the follow thursday, and that's the day i got the job. Though i was initially very very disappointed to hear that i'll be getting only 1.5k a month(1.2k bring back), i guess i've gotton over it.

Yeap, i've been to many places, done many things, and i guess my fun meter is almost filled up, and that's good, because i start work on Monday, the 18th. 10 days after i officially ORD.

I've been thinking alot after i ORD, some when i've heard my buddy from BMT intending to propose to his gf in a few months time, some when i hear some of my friends earning much more than 1.5k a month, some when i keep seeing my friends driving their cars around, and some, when i went to Keat's house for a BBQ, and i saw pictures of my friend in Japan, when he went on ORD day.

Talking about the disappointment and anger part, that was on the second interview, when i realised i was receiving just 1.5k a month. I have friends, who are getting at least 1.6k, and i seriously thought i'll be getting just as much. I even thought they would count NS as part of it, and give me at least a bit more than my female classmates then. But no, that wasn't the case.

It seems that in these 2 years, they don't count as work experience at all. I guess i finally understand why they consider NS a complete waste of time.

In this society, the guys are supposed to outshine the girls. Even though we preach equality now, the guys are still supposed to earn much more than the other sex, and are also expected to drive cars, own credit cards, and others. Since we start out 2 years later than them, how are we supposed to do that?

I guess we could always go for younger girls, but in Singapore, when the FT(Foreign Talent) can skip things like NS, reservice, Remedial Training, the Singaporean guys are really losing out man.

This is the first time i've seriously considered emigrating. To Hongkong. Hah~ But that's just a thought for now.

The pictures from Japan looked really nice, made me wish i can go visit, but at 1.2k take home pay, 100 for my poly course loaned from Dad's CPF(for the next 5 years at least), 70 for my insurance(for the next 20+ years), and the 1k loan i still owe, i'm really just taking home less than 1k a month, that's if i don't spend anything on entertainment, and bills.

Wow. And i do want to visit Fai in Hongkong/China by next year. Not to mention thoughts of taking a license, my root canal treatment...

Somehow life may have been much easier, had i stayed on in NS. So many things to spend on, yet so little money huh? I need new specs, a new phone...

Looks like going over may take some time yet.

Ah yet, one should always be optimistic! Come on world, i'm ready!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home