An ordinary man, an normal life, extraordinary thoughts?

Monday, June 25, 2007

25th June - A day of many firsts

25th June - A day of many firsts

Work was pretty uneventful, til the last 30 minutes perhaps.
I helped shifted the cabinets back to the legal room... nothing much.

Today i talked to Roy. Last i talked to him was 2 weeks ago...
He msged me last week in msn, but i didn't see it cause i didn't log on to msn, or it restarted. Either way..

He told me that Steph passed away last week. She was on her way to a sports camp, and apparantly she ate something that triggered her allergy, and she had an asthma attack. They couldn't rush her to the hospital in time... and she passed on.

Damn man, this is one of the most stupid kinds of death. Aargh, it comes so suddenly and aargh.

What can i say man? I knew Roy from a few years back. When we first started out he was living in a farm in Canada, but wasn't very close to his family. In fact, i must say he led quite a few years of lonely and unhappy life. Basically he didn't have a lot of friends until he went to Toronto Uni.

He started to have fun there, and then he joined cheerleading. That's where he met steph. I've speaken to steph once or twice.. i even bought a pikachu soft toy for her, wanting to ship it to Canada (but it ended up being extremely expensive, so i didn't). She seems like the energetic sort, fun loving, sporty, that type.

I must say she was definately a good influence for Roy, and shared in many of his joys and triumphs. She was there when he got chosen to work for microsoft, and got offered the job to work in Seattle. In fact, they were going to move in together.

But damn, now she's gone. I don't know her that much but i can imagine the grief Roy had while helping with her parents last week. Sigh.

Another 'down' thing is that i found out today that Quan and LingJie had broken up. I don't know the official reason, but i guess LingJie just.. got bored of it all, or decided they're better off as friends.

Ah well.

ON a happier note, Jaslyn talked to me today. Its been a few months since we actually talked, and we're going out on friday to watch Shrek 3~ (I know i've watched it before, but its really funny and i don't mind watching again.) Besides, the company should more than make up for it. She's the only girl i've met in the past few years that can make me smile and feel excited...

Or rather, she's a rather excitable girl, quite act cute, but it adds to her appeal. Don't think i like her that way, but you'll never know lar.

At the end of the day, around 5:30, my boss suddenly said "Oh yea! I forgot about it! Come on Aaron lets go!", and off we went to some big auditorium in the main building. I saw like 70+ people there, and realised that we actually have quite a lot of people working there after all. Normally i see less than 20, expecting at most 30.

Had a slice of cake(some people bday lar), showed my face a bit, then went to the pre-employment checkup at Trinity clinic. Reached there at 6:25, only to realise that they open at 7pm. Wah liew eh!

I'm too tired to say anything, other than i got some more diarrhoea medicine (3 times loose bowels today) for $15, then went to food court to have dinner with quan. I'm to avoid milky and oily foods!

Played pool for a bit, i think i won 3-2, then we took 198 back.

I'm too tired... to say anything more. Its 11:50pm liao. Off to sleep~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home